Monday, February 16, 2009

“Сiльпо” Ads

Man, the theme of this blog is kinda dying since I don't really check out fashion or bargain sites anymore. But, not all is lost. We're gonna work it.

This Ukranian brand is offering the most bang for your buck -- read their ads, and no need to read the comics on a Sunday morning. So, save your 10 minutes browsing the paper, and just spend a couple of grand on a trip to Kiev. Right.

Apologies ahead of time to those who don't speak Russian, but this is worth a lesson or two. Maybe it's because I work in marketing, or because I haven't visited the former Soviet Union for the past twenty years, or because I overanalyzed literature for six years ... But, I'm leaning toward -- it's because I have a brain? I can honestly say that I have never in my life seen an advertisement campaign sadder than this brand's:



Rough translation:

(Rhyme)

"I'm a shrimp, and if you, my friend, don't mind, I'd like to be in your mouth."

The translation kind of kills it because the Russian phrase could also mean, "I'd like it in the mouth".

Oh, the innocent Ukranians. How interesting it must be to visit the country as a foreigner. I really should go back.

More gems here. Translate the rest yourselves. Lazy asses.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

No comments: